Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some Opening Day notes

---
Happy Vin Scully Day, everyone! I hope you're as excited as I am for your first welcome to 2010 Dodger baseball from the man himself. In the mean time, some quick notes:

  • According to the Times' Dylan Hernandez (among others), musician Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas will throw out the first pitch today. If that's not odd enough, LeAnn Rimes will sing the national anthem. Rimes spent the winter mired in marriage trouble rife with allegations of infidelity. Does that sound familiar to anyone besides me? What a strange selection, considering the circumstances.
  • Per Daily News wire services, we get a neat quote from Joe Torre on the divorce's potential effect on the team this season: "We can't let it." When approached for comment, Dodgers' general manager Ned Colletti ran away covering his ears with his hands and singing, "I can't hear you, I can't hear you!"
  • Gary Suess (not the doctor. He spelled it differently) of Bleacher Report lists the Dodgers as the #1 potential destination for Pedro Martinez to materialize midseason. Suess suggests that Pedro would have to accept a rock-bottom salary with the Dodgers, who finances are presumably constrained by the divorce. Personally, I don't think Pedro's in line for a big payday wherever he lands.
Enjoy Chavez Ravine baseball, everyone. 
---

1 comment:

  1. I do hope you had a good time. Looking forward to the Dodgers TV network. I need my daily dose of Matt Kemp.

    ReplyDelete